This was such a pleasure to quilt. When I started quilting there was to be a lot of stitch in the ditch and there is quite a bit. I added some orange peel just to soften the pinwheel blocks and while it’s evident from looking at the quilt that it’s been quilted the neutral gray color doesn’t make a whole lot of a presence.
When I saw the quilt originally I told Kate the borders needed to be feathered and I would treat all 3 borders as one unit to get a bit of a bigger width. The feathers are freehand and I used 2 threads (both the pink & gray we chose for quilting).
Each block is quilted similarly…
The corners needed to be quilted and thought simple lines radiating from the tips of the beauty arcs would fit well.
Happy New Year,