In October 2008 I posted this: https://terificreations.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/keeping-it-real-and-quilt-content/
Pictures of the state of my sewing room at the time. I knew exactly where everything was and how to get to it easily. Over time the room has been tidied and added to once again. It’s constant as new quilts and idea’s come into being and leave to their new homes.
On Saturday I spent the day rearranging yet again.
We purchased a desk for our office space and I told DH that I wanted to have the table we’ve been using for a desk for my sewing table. It took a while to get things out and back in but here are a few shots of where things are now.
This is the view from the door to the window. There are two tables there, one in the corner under the window and a second at an “L”. The second table is slightly lower than the first and in shoulder to ear ratio that’s a lot.
The 120 rack is situated on one of my antique sewing machine cabinets and to further utilize the space I have pens and pencils and a few odds and ends underneath.
This next shot shows my fabric stash and ironing board. The gradated piece on the ironing board will eventually be a sample for a class. Its a Daiwabo and it’s lovely. I’m thinking that Quilters Dream Orient will fill this. While the ironing board is in front of my stash I can still easily reach it and open the cabinet door as well. I’ve moved the magazine racks to the top of the fabric shelf. Moved the books to my cabinet that was my grandma’s. I still need to do a little bit of sorting things out. I’ve located my business cards.
While this photo looks somewhat dishelved it’s not really. The bins on the right with the paper on top are for two different New York Beauty projects. One is silks from old decorator books and the other is a combination of Gerta (Troy) and Stonehedge (Northcott). Underneath the bins and on the far right in the red tin are all the old/vintage buttons. There may be one other tin in my car.
In front are a couple of projects that I would like to get back to at some point.
Since my room is in slightly better shape my head is clear enough to start on the “Winding Way’s Quilt” I’m making. There will actually be 2 quilts, one for me, one for Benartex. I’m glad I have the mat that spins because it sure makes cutting easier!
This is an approximation as I don’t have all of the fabrics that I used for developing this in EQ6.
I’m still having a blast figuring out and using this software. I’ll have another quilt to show you sometime soon.