I got my camera back from my sweetie and commenced taking some photos of the microfiber quilt top that I
got to play with last week. I used King Tut by Superior thread top & bottom. One of my standard threads! I originally intended to use the Ebony top & bottom however I realized that it would be challenging to see as I quilted. I have a goose neck light that I’m going to bring upstairs and use rather than the extension lamp I have there now.
As you can see from this photo from the back of the quilt looking at this while I quilted for a while would have been a challenge without adequate lighting. I like the effect though.
I used wool batting on this piece. Wool batting is a quilters best friend – it really eases stress on the shoulders.
When I finished the swirling feathers I thought that arcs would be a great next step, following the line of the swirling feathers…when the arcs got too big I would start a new section and used my open toed embroidery foot as a guide between the arc lines.
These swirling feathers are just way too fun. I’ll be using these in the Hoffman Challenge quilt that I’ll start quilting in the next couple of weeks. I’m on deadlines with several quilts…including my feathered star whole cloth quilt. I’m debating which show to try and enter it into Nashua or there’s an exhibit through the City Quilter that I’m interested in.
Here’s a sneak peek at a customer quilt I’m curently working on.