On a sew day with friends I cut out the pieces for a new quilted purse, and started stitching them together. The idea floated around my head for a while as the quilting of the fat quarters progressed.
Here’s the finished front:
Here’s the finished back:
What I don’t have a picture of is the little zippered wallet I made to go with it. I like to have a little something to put in my pocket, and take with me when I go into the City.
I loved adding the cork for texture, and character. The cork takes stitching well and has many uses. It’s a bit spendy so adding detail, and creating a unique look works best for me. After getting home I changed the hardware on the adjustable strap.
Once I get through the first Lucy’s Nickles Project this will become either a class or a pattern.